Friday, June 5, 2015

Enthralling June 5 Reviews and Links

Images From Yelp.com and Amazon.com


Bikini Contest
Bikini Contest
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer Fun In Virginia and CaliforniaJune 5, 2015
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I admit so far I have only bought and watched Episode 4 from Travel Channel’s Bikinis & Boardwalks Season 1. This was due to the coverage of Virginia Beach Virginia (I intend to eventually move to and reside in Virginia long-term). Before I review, I must preface that I plan to live here in the Washington D.C. area for at least the next 5-6 months, but I intend to move by the year 2020 due more to cost of living reasons (where I have a better chance of having more money left after paying rent and/or the potential chance to own at least one paid for house and/or trailer by the year 2035), wanting to live close to one of the areas where I resided when I was still in the navy, while still being close enough to visit the Washington D.C. area at least once every 3-4 months (regardless of whether I’m employed in the private or government sector). I only say this because I get communications from well- intentioned people who mistakenly think I’m going to pick up and move tomorrow without taking my husband into account, providing appropriate notification at my job, and/or they’re unaware that I’m actually going to miss the Washington D.C. area. With that out of the way, I’m very glad that I purchased Episode 4 titled Bikini Contest. There is so much information and fun packed into just twenty one minutes (to the point where I’m considering purchasing the remaining episodes of this season within the next 11 months at the latest). However, here is a snapshot of some of the information available just in Episode 4 of Bikinis & Boardwalks Season 1 (Travel Channel); For the Virginia Beach segment the viewer is introduced to Randy Harris Paddle Board Tour Guide, Sarah Cochrane Guide for The Coastal Food Tour, what appears to be I think is Rocafellers restaurant (I plan to watch this episode multiple times and will update only if necessary)- Rocafellers drink containing cherry vodka, pomegranate liquer, and peach puree,- an event where 800 of the world’s top surfers compete, Mike Stanning owner of Waterman’s Surfside Grille, there is a drink served at Waterman’s Surfside Grille (since 1966) called an orange crush, This episode discusses how Virginia Beach Virginia is known to be a top summer party destination with a yearly bikini contest where the winner receives 3,000 U.S. dollars. The Santa Cruz California (mentioned in the episoe to be around 175 miles south of San Francisco)segment contains the following; Aloha Outrigger Races, the 1st race in the Aloha Outrigger Race starts out with 34 teams, Joe Marini owner of Marini’s who sells a chocolate bacon creation that is popular with many customers, Allison Emmert-Co-owner of Surf City Grille who admits that she has to keep her recipe secret for the popular fried artichokes that are fried in a secret herb and fresh local garlic batter. What is also mentioned in this episode is that at least 50 tons of artichokes are harvested in California each year.

Mamma Mia! The Movie (Widescreen)
Mamma Mia! The Movie (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Meryl Streep
Price: $5.00
245 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Mother Daughter BondJune 5, 2015
Mama Mia is a quirky and elevating movie that partially centers around a strong bond that a woman named Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) has with her mother Donna (Meryl Streep). Donna is also lending emotional support to Sophie for her upcoming marriage and simultaneously coming to terms with Sophie growing up. On the positive/plus side both women are not alone as they are coping with the changes. In addition to her fiancée Sky (Dominic Cooper), Sophie has her best friend Ali (Ashley Lilly) for support while her mom has support in the from Tanya (Christian Baranski) and Rosie (Julie Walters). Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, and Stellan Skarsgard also play roles in Mama Mia.

The Imitation Game
The Imitation Game
DVD ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Price: $9.96
42 used & new from $5.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Dramatic And RivetingJune 5, 2015
This review is from: The Imitation Game (DVD)
I eventually decided to take a chance on seeing Imitation Game after seeing it featured enough times at my job. For some strange reason, I was also curious to know more about the story behind the character (Alan Turing) that Benedict Cumberbatch was playing and the one that Keira Knight was playing (Joan Clarke). Both Turing and Clarke collaborated together during their professional/decryption work that was indirectly affiliated with helping to stop World War II. I understand that the movie is not a direct representation of what actually happened. However, one informative aspect tied into how the film carefully tied certain events into the work that they were doing (such as the heart-wrenching scene where Turing has to tell his coworker that they must withhold certain news even with the lucid awareness of one of their family members being on a certain sub). Additionally,I know that you are not supposed to use Wikipedia (academically speaking) as a guaranteed reference. However, if the birthdates cited are correct, it is interesting to note that their birthdays were just one day apart from each other (Clark and Turing’s birthdates). Anyhow, this is a good movie for those who are open to watch films indirectly related to key events in history and/or a case study in a person who did their best to endure being different from others in a time period that appeared to show contempt towards anybody outside of the mainstream.

Naked Eye
Naked Eye
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Clairvoyant Eye?June 5, 2015
This review is from: Naked Eye (MP3 Music)
I remember first hearing “Naked Eye” by Luscious Jackson as a teenager during the 90’s (the song played both on television and the alternative rock radio station near where I lived). Obviously, I still find this song enthralling to this day, yet wish that I could understand the full meaning. The song mixes elements of indie rock, alternative rock, and hints of electronica with the lyrics with my naked eye I saw the falling rain. I’m only guessing that maybe the song is about accepting things as they are yet simultaneously seeing things as they are (past the illusion of how it appears to be on the external surface). Regardless if my interpretation is correct (or somewhere outside of the ballpark metaphorically speaking), Naked Eye by is great for those who enjoy 90’s alternative rock/indie songs.

Burn For You (The Cop 4 Radio Mix)
Burn For You (The Cop 4 Radio Mix)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Impetuous Emotions?June 5, 2015
Burn by Kreo (also known as Burning For You by Kreo as per Vimeo) is a melodious song that I first heard Yahoo music radio via around 2005/2006 when I was living on the Mayport Naval Base (through the United States Navy). As many know, I listen to music from both iheartradio and Pandora, but was recently reminded of positive memories of this song when I first recently heard it on Pandora. The title of the song pretty much hints at the meaning of the song, yet I’ll go ahead and throw out that the meaning of the song basically is about caring for someone on a deep romantic level (I’m guessing a culmination of both passionate love/intense and feelings of a strong crush that exist across various ardent unions; where two people are just lovers and/or flings to each other, unmarried relationships, and marriages). Burn For You by Kreo (also known as Burning For You by Kreo) is a fantastic dance song for those who savor music from the early 2000’s and the song can also be listened to on Amazon prime, Vimeo, and/or Youtube for those who are still on the fence about this song.

Tell Me (Album Version)
Tell Me (Album Version)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sultry And MelodiousJune 5, 2015
Tell Me by Billie Myers is another song that I first heard in my teenage years via the radio (around the time I was 17). Once again, I acknowledge that this dancey/pop song could be about something else completely different, but I’m guessing Tell Me by Billie Myers is a musical track about being curious to see through the eyes of one’s lover. Please understand that I’m also aware of her Kiss The Rain track. It is just that I felt that Tell Me by Billie Myers needed to also be written/discussed about due to my humble perspective that this song is underrated. Either way, Tell Me by Billie Myers is great for those who listen to 90’s songs from various genres (due to Tell Me combining hints of pop, dance, international/world music vibes).

Quaker Popped, Blackberry Pomegranate Flavor Sweet Oat Crisps, 7 Ounce
Quaker Popped, Blackberry Pomegranate Flavor Sweet Oat Crisps, 7 Ounce
Price: $3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Too Sweet, Light Crunchy TasteJune 5, 2015
I gave these Quaker Popped Blackberry Pomegranate Flavor Sweet Oat Crisps (seven ounce bag)a try after a coworker recommended these as a good snack (at least the rice cake recommendation, I chose this flavor on my own). Yes, they are not quite rice cakes, yet they are close enough to them texture wise. The pomegranate and the blueberry flavor are both evident on these crisps with the stronger hints of pomegranate (at least to me). What I do like is the slight energy boost that I get from eating them.

  • Pho 75
    1510 University Blvd E
    Hyattsville, MD 20783
    5.0 star rating
    6/5/2015
    My cravings for soup propelled me to give Pho 75 a try just two days ago around the afternoon (it also helped that this place is close by where I live). I admit that I got the soup to go both because the place seemed already packed and I was thinking that I could eat the soup at home. The cashier was courteous and I received my order in a timely manner. I also liked that the soup was affordable for what I got (the carryout price was only 7 dollars and 16 cents).  Additionally, even the small size that I chose was more than enough for this hearty eater. Once I got home to my apartment I tasted why Pho 75 is highly rated and why the place had quite a number of people even on a weekday afternoon. For starters, they did a good job of packing the soup, ingredients, and noodles in a way to where my food was still intact after I walked back to my apartment. There was more than an ample amount of noodles, soup, cilantro, onions, some lime, and other ingredients to make the soup delectable with what I think was the eye steak meat that I chose (a plentiful amount of delectable meat to go with the soup as well). I'm not sure if you eat the leafy looking  ingredients that came with the soup, but I admit that I put them in the Pho 75 soup and enjoyed it just the same. Pho 75 (the Hyattsville Maryland location) is perfect for those who are looking for appetizing soup at affordable prices.
Reluctantly, I admit that I’m still on the fence on the immigration issue because I feel that either way  (whether I'm for increased legal and/or illegal immigration or whether I'm not)   I would give too much of a biased opinion due to my current economic status (due also to the fact that I’m an American born female who is frequently confused for a foreigner and multiple people have actually been surprised when I politely explain that I was actually born in the Midwest and there are some who are also surprised when I disclose that I was raised by American born adoptive parents). Additionally, I intend to move to and permanently reside in Virginia for the rest of my lifetime before making a balanced and informed decision on how I feel in regards to the immigration issue (I plan to live within the Washington D,C, area for  at least the next 5-6 months but I intend to move to Virginia by the year 2020). This is due more to monetary reasons (where I have a higher chance of having more money available after paying rent and/or the possible chance to buy at least one paid for house and/or trailer by the year 2035 for my husband and I). This would facilitate the chance to live close to one of the areas where my husband and I resided through the United States Navy, while still being close enough to visit the Washington D.C. area at least once every 3-4 months (regardless of whether I’m employed in the private or government sector). I feel it is better to say this because I get communications from well- intentioned people who mistakenly think I’m going to pick up and move tomorrow without taking my husband into account, providing appropriate notification at my job, and/or they’re unaware that I’m actually going to miss the Washington D.C. area (but moving for calculated and thought through reasons).  Anyhow, here is the link
Editor, New America Media
·         Email
·          
Asian Immigrants Becoming US Citizens at High Rate
Posted: 06/02/2015 3:02 pm EDT Updated: 2 hours ago
I’m childfree, but I still found this story inspirational and sense that someone else may see this and enjoy this link (regardless of whether I get any public likes).

Motivational speaker and writer
·         Email
·          
·          
Single Mom Goes From American Hustle To Living Her Dreams in Abu Dhabi
Posted: 06/02/2015 11:22 am EDT Updated: 38 minutes ago





How to Increase Your Emotional Intelligence ― 6 Essentials
Six Ways to Increase Your Emotional Intelligence
Post published by Preston Ni M.S.B.A. on Oct 05, 2014 in Communication Success

There are an abundance of articles on how to tell if you have high emotional intelligence. However, sometimes those same articles could leave one feeling cold if they are looking for ways to increase their emotional intelligence. Reluctantly, I admit that this is one of the areas where I intend to improve since I’m lucky to have stumbled across an article that provided me a glimpse into some of the areas I need to look more at. Once again, I’m only sharing what I found, in no way am I saying you must do this and I’m also not dubbing myself a guru,



The 25 best restaurants on the planet

Hopefully, my job is still safe when I come into work tonight after posting this Business Insider link However, something compelled me to post this link due to the fact that it is affiliated with my current place of employment (Walmart) and I admit to also being a customer of Amazon since 2002 (when I was stationed in Yokosuka Japan through the U.S. Navy).
Wal-Mart founder: 'Everything I've done I've copied from someone else'
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/5373d5626bb3f7e85f85bba0-50-50/hayley-peterson.jpg
·         HAYLEY PETERSON

·          
·         JUN. 5, 2015, 8:54 AM
·         771

·         1




Luckily, my husband and I are both on board to avoid taking out any further loans and/or credit for the rest of our lifetimes to ensure financial security in our 60’s and to repay our student loans by the year January 1,2032 at the latest (in order to be completely debt-free). However, I found this story via Huffington post on Amy and Mat Kroezen and wanted to share it more as inspiration for myself and anyone else that may be interested in looking to this for something uplifting. Once again, please know that I’m not telling anyone else what to do and definitely do not dub myself a guru. Rather I’m sharing this link more as a healing type of article.
How One Family Paid Off $118,000 in Debt
One success story contains strategies for the three-quarters of Americans with debt.

Student loan expert, CEO of Credible
·         Email
·          
·          
Student Loan Forgiveness: Too Good to Be True?
Posted: 03/18/2015 10:02 am EDT Updated: 05/17/2015 5:12 am EDT
I’m about to share some music playlists that influenced me throughout the years and have labeled them by different stages of my life (all the way up to the time I lived in Orlando Florida and until I moved here May 2010). Please know that I acknowledge that I left out many talented artists/musicians. I was just intuitively putting what I felt intuitively guided to as per my spirit. Additionally, I left out one involving the Washington D.C. area because I’m currently undecided as to make a playlist for May 2010 (although I have left a potential door open to do so in the future). I must forewarn that some of the playlists have racy messages. I also admit that there are tracks where I potentially mixed up when I first heard the tunes (for instance there where a couple of songs where I was trying to determine if I first heard them in Virginia, Florida, or Caliornia, which influenced me to go ahead and go by which cd I found the song on and which compilation I bought it on). For instance, if there was a melody that I was unsure of where I first heard of it then I would by where I was living at the time I purchased the compilation at the store and/or amazon.com. For instance, I think that I may have first heard French Kisses by Jentina back around either 2004 when I was living in California or 2005 when I was living in Florida. However, I recently found the song on a cd compilation that I purchased from Amazon UK back in December 2008. I went ahead and put it in the Norfolk Virginia compilation since I was living in Virginia when I bought the compilation containing the song, even if I may have heard the song months earlier (a similar case with Satellites by September when I was first trying to remember whether I first actually listened to it in Mayport, Florida or if I first heard it in Norfolk Virginia However, something tells me that there are others who may be interested in seeing the lists regardless of the amount of feedback and/or number of facebook likes that the postings would generate.



It’s all about choices – Part 1

I found this Anne Jirch quote uplifting (I'm lucky to say that she is one of my facebook friends)
Did you know that 25% of people who win the lottery had a dream of it happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment